Monday, March 21, 2011

3/14/2011 - 3/20/2011 (Spring Break)

Running

3/14/2011 - 3/20/2011

Miles: 9.5
Time: 1:05

Took the majority of the week off to rest and plan out my training for the Auburn 50k. I still got in two small runs during the middle of the week to stretch out the legs. I'm amped up for the next 75 days of training I'll be putting myself through. The transition from what I now look at as a "girl race" compared to the 50k is going to be a lot different. Instead of worrying about how fast I can finish this race and running by people this is going to be a true test of my mental and physical endurance. I understand that in my training now I need to not worry about how fast I can get out 13.1 miles because that's not going to be the task at hand. My runs will now transition to slower longer runs because I need to condition my feet, joints, and legs to be able to hold "this guy" (with two thumbs pointing at me) up for multiple hours. I will be doing a lot more trail work and climbing hills because this is an ultra marathon on TRAIL. I also plan on pushing my core hard in the gym. It's going to vary from day to day as you can see on my training schedule that I put together below this post. It's going to vary from using my own body weight, plates, and kettle bells. Lastly, it may be hard at first, but I'm really going to try to focus on what I eat. I'm at 170 lbs. even right now and I would like to be around 155 lbs. for this race. It's going to take some discipline and desire. Vegetables, fruit, power bars, chicken breast, fish, brown rice, protein shakes, omega-3, b-12, water, and some form of unsweetened electrolytes (Right Tyler?).

I'm ready to step into this man realm of running and hard work.

Beast Mode

Spring Break

Ups & Downs... that's just about how I can describe my break. I'm not going into detail because I'm moving forward and not looking back. Things happen, but we live, learn, and grow. It's simple. By the way, I'm starting to get these feelings of wanting to be a "MAN". Yes, a "MAN". I can't quite put it into words yet, but I'm ready to be done with school and start making decisions that are going to impact my life and those who are involved in it. I'm ready to get the ball rolling.

Positives about Spring Break 11'

*Death From Above 1979 - Sexy Results (Mstrkft Remix) "Let me show you how I work" - TY C.
*Read Dean Karnazes 3rd Book RUN! (Awesome) Favorite Quote..."Someone once asked, why run a hundred miles? Because basketball and football only take one ball."
*Dance Gavin Dance "Downtown Battle Mountain II"
*Dad's Kitchen on Freeport (Dad's Burger, Garlic Fries, and a carnitas street taco)
*Shamrockin' Half Marathon
*Got to hang out with John Franks and get a little tour of the capital... quote of the month from John "Losing your credibility is a lot like losing your virginity; once its gone you can never have it back."
*The Hot Italian Pizza Place (BOMB)
*UFC Fights with the family
*Waka Flocka - Grove Street Party
*And most of all I got to spend good quality time with the family

****Things I learned**** GUYS PAY FUCKING ATTENTION

DO NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER WASH YOUR GIRL'S CLOTHES. EVER. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH I CAN STRESS THIS. PLEASE JUST TRUST ME. EVEN IF YOUR BEING NICE. NEVER.









No comments:

Post a Comment