Sunday, March 13, 2011

03/07/2011 - 03/13/2011 & Shamrockin' Half Marathon

03/07/2011 - 03/13/2011

Miles: 29.85
Time: 3:08
Elevation Gain: 1,824 ft.

Shamrockin' Half Marathon Results

Finished 137th out of 5,500 participants
5th overall out 58 in my age division (19 - 24)
Miles: 13.13
Time: 1:36.33.6
Pace: 7:22

This week was a fairly light run week. I didn't really want to exert unnecessary energy on my weekly runs due to my race. Although it was only a half marathon (my first race ever) I was in high anticipation. All week long it was the main thought on my mind. Overall, I was pleased with results other than the fact that a twelve year old beat my finishing time by 22 seconds and girls (plural) finished before me. I know I know, sexist, but it's only out of competitive spirit. I had a few personal goals that I did achieve which was to first finish the race and second do it under 1 hour and 40 minutes. Any time over that would have made me feel disgusting about myself and the training I did to prepare. On the other hand, I was upset that I didn't finish in the top 100 runners "at least" and or finish in the top three in my age group. That was and is still extremely frustrating to me. The way I look at it goes something like this: As for the entire field of participants 36 participants trained harder than I did to keep me away from one of my personal goals. Second, 2 participants, to say the least, trained harder than I did to put me in the top three of my age group. That's the way I look at it and that will be my motivation during my training for the next race. My competitive edge is coming back and I love it. Also, I love that the running I'm participating in is labeled as an "INDIVIDUAL" sport, therefore, there is nobody to blame but myself for not accomplishing the goals I wished to achieve. I guess all there's left to say is train harder, stay motivated, and stay focused.

Next Race:

June 18, 2011
Pacifica, CA.
50k (31.2 miles) "my first marathon/ultra"

It'll be here sooner than I know it... and the new training plan is already being created. I'll be posting it sometime in the middle of this week.

"Run Happy"



1 comment: