Sunday, April 3, 2011

3/28/2011 - 4/3/2011 (Week 2)

3/28/2011 - 4/3/2011

Running:

Miles: 52
Time: 8:35
Elevation: GPS still not functioning properly

Speed Workout: 2:52, 2:58, 2:59, 3:07, 3:02

This past week of running was quite entertaining. I spent most of my time on the trails around campus in between my breaks exploring and looking for hills to run up. It's weird that my legs already feel stronger than they did last week. There's something about running up hills that literally takes the breath out of you that you can't get anywhere else. My speed workout was productive and really woke my legs up before hitting the gym. Overall, I'd give this week "two thumbs up". This week I plan on getting in runs with a lot of vertical. I figure if I'm going to be putting in the time running, why not go UP UP UP? I plan on fatiguing and breaking down my legs with climbing mountains this week.

****Some things I learned this past week when spending time with my good buddies this week.. aka the Curley Brothers****

1.) Cookie dough makes you faster
2.)Long hair makes you faster
3.)Rootbeer is the official drink that makes you a faster/better runner
4.)Peanut butter makes you tougher
5.)Grilled meat is the smell of a man (not cologne or deodorant)
6.)Wear sun screen on PEAVINE (I THINK NOT!!)
7.)No socks (Time to get some man feet) my feet are hurting from the blisters and cuts but who gives a f*ck? Nobody ever said running wouldn't bring some pain to your life.

Other:
I'm sick of school, I'm sick of shitty people, and I'm starting to NOT want a social life with people who don't share the same interests myself. Running, dieting, and getting in shape equals a minimal to no social life, and for some reason I'm completely fine with that.

"Young Money Running" -that D. Jones



No comments:

Post a Comment