Monday, July 11, 2011

Update

I'd like to say I'm mountain sick. Last weekend for the 4th I finally got back in the mountains to hang out with some great people. I somewhat felt like I was at home again. I truly miss the drive up Highway 80. I plan to visit the small town about 40 minutes past Nevada City in the near future to get in some solid uphill and downhill trail runs. Of course I had to scout out the terrain. . . it looks challenging and great.

The picture to the right was taken during Western States. What an amazing race this year. The things I would do to have a nice fun long day on the trails with some great friends. Sadly, today was my first day back to running since my race in Auburn. It was a short 4 mile run, but felt great. This is the start to my getting back in race shape. The goal right now is to get in shape and stay healthy. Technically that's always the number one goal, but more or less, I never want to have to take 6 weeks off because of injury. Overall, I plan to start things out slow again depending on how my body is feeling on a daily basis.

Some races I'm entertaining for the future depending on my training and health are the "Lake of the Sky 50k" and "The Rockn' River 50". All are just thoughts and not in stone whatsoever. Lastly, I would like to say good luck to Jacob Rydman who will be taking part in the Tahoe Rim Trail 100 this weekend. Good luck and leave it all out there!



2 comments:

  1. thanks bro. should be a hoot. Ty is gonna take me home and force me to run fast the last 7 miles of downhill. crack that whip!

    ReplyDelete